You likely won't be too surprised to read that not much interesting happened at PJP Buttonwood today. After all, it is a Tuesday. And early January. (I feel bleak just typing it.) So here is a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with anything at all...
- Someone did compromise my debit card number to buy themselves a premium membership to Zoosk...an online dating site. Which I guess is relatively interesting, if only for the psychology of going through the work of stealing a debit card number and thinking "oh, yeah, I guess I can finally activate that online dating membership now".
- In my mind, this person likes long walks on the beach, historical non-fiction, turtleneck sweaters, sushi, and credit card fraud.
- Speaking of subscriptions, one of the gifts that Behind-The-Scenes Jason and I gave to Jeanne for Christmas was an Amazon Prime membership. For all the things that she will never buy with free shipping, she will make up for it with watching free movies and television shows. Every time she calls me at a random hour, it's inevitably to ask me if I've watched Florence Foster Jenkins. Or The Dressmaker. Or the first four seasons of Untold Stories of the ER.
- But I have no room to talk because I used Sunday to completely binge watch the first season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. SO. SO. SO. GOOD.
- I regularly listen to The Popcast with Knox and Jamie and Knox gave Mrs. Maisel the green light of the week and he couldn't have been more correct. Go watch it, seriously. And then subscribe to The Popcast if you want a whole heap of vacuous, but highly entertaining, knowledge.
- I've also been listening to a lot of the podcast Heavyweight and I can't recommend it enough.
- And as a total non-sequitur, I feel like 85% of the Instagram posts I've seen this week are of selfies at airports. And this makes me irrationally envious.
- And Jeanne will read this tomorrow, look at me, and roll her eyes. She's not a big fan of travel. Or airports. Or selfies, come to think of it. Especially when she finds out there is a new channel just for Westerns on her Roku.
- Jeanne, leaving PJP Buttonwood for her house tomorrow morning after reading this...