Early each January, Square sends me a report that breaks down our entire previous year in one quick email. Either everyone that uses Square is like me and prefers that no complex spreadsheet be attached to the email to get to the real data…or there actually is a spreadsheet attached to the email and I’m just not savvy enough to open it and decipher it. Either way, but here's all we need to know...
- We grew 16% in 2017 over 2016 sales. That’s 16% closer to World Pie Domination, just in case you are keeping track.
- Square tracked PJP at just under 11,000 sales transactions in the past year (10,765 to be exact). That's 1,109 more transactions than in 2016 (and doesn't include any sales at the Roots and Blues festival because of the required use of the cashless bracelet system).
- I have no idea how many transactions is average for a small business, but rolling over the 10,000 threshold makes me feel legit. And thankful for every single one of those 10,765.
- Our busiest day of the week was Friday, which isn’t surprising.
- Our slowest day of the week was Wednesday. What? I would have laid money on Tuesday. This is why I never do well in Vegas.
- Our busiest month was November, with our busiest day of the entire year as Wednesday, November 22nd. We all worked some long hours leading up to that day, so now it feels a bit more justified.
- Our least busy month was January. If January were a person, I would break up with January. Dear January, it's not me...it's you.
- I only cried once last year while at PJP and it was on December 23rd. Obviously, Square didn't report that, but I'm just telling you because I'm a chronic oversharer.
- Our most popular pie was Dutch Apple, showing no change from the previous two years. Up next was Chocolate Bourbon Pecan and then Coconut Cream, hardly a surprise to any of us at Team PJP...we made A LOT of those last year (2,794 Dutch Apples, if you are curious.)
- Our top customer visited us 23 times last year (or at least used the same credit card 23 times…cash transactions aren’t included in the customer visit count.) PJP INNER CIRCLE, FOR LIFE.
Cheers to 2018. And 12,000 transactions? We're coming for you...