It is safe to say that my personal life has been a little out of control over the past few weeks. So, it won't surprise you when I mention that Jason, the kids, and I leave for a 10-day summer vacation TOMORROW. Honestly, it sort of snuck up on me. (Which is exactly why I still have laundry in the dryer and open suitcases on the bedroom floor.) Whether to go or not in light of Jeanne's ordeal was relatively up on the air for a few days until the point of her hospital discharge when her entire medical team vowed they each would still go if it were their mother in this scenario. (I seriously asked each one.) And then Jeanne said she would never speak to me again if we didn't go. And then every member of Team PJP assured me that EVERYTHING WOULD BE JUST FINE in my absence. And I know it will be, but gah...I worry when I leave for a week under the best of circumstances, you know?
So here's what I know about next week...
- Jeanne will be back at PJP for at least a few hours each day next week. She's pretty excited to return and she will probably scrape the floor within 15 minutes of entering the door. So, I'm hiding the scraper before I leave...as any overly angsty daughter would do.
- I also set multiple alarms on her phone to remind her to take her medicine at 9 am and 9 pm. I'm unconvinced she knows how to turn them off though, so if you see her around town and her purse is sounding an alarm, just ignore it.
- I did a pay a hefty premium to have some Internet connectivity at our final destination, so feel free to Facebook Messenger me if you stop by and a) the shop is on fire, or b) Jeanne is doing a complete reorganization of the equipment of the shop and refusing help. Or just to say everything is ok.
- I'm going to spend some time with her in the morning reviewing how she logs into the blog and she might surprise us all by posting each day. Or the blog might be completely silent for a week. Either way.
- I'll likely be the only person in the Caribbean next week completely obsessing about my pie shop and my mother. And maybe my dog, because I'll seriously miss him too. I've got issues...