Happy All Of The Things.
Hopefully you don't need the reminder, but this Sunday is Mother's Day. And it is also graduation weekend for Mizzou. So, basically, we have a lot of things to bake in the next 48 hours at PJP Buttonwood. Here's a few other items of note:
- You might wonder about my plans for Jeanne this Mother's Day. Because we are an unconventional pair, I'm going to tell her that I love her and then we aren't going to bake anything together all day.
- Beyond that, I'm hopeful my family presents me with a "yo, you don't have to touch a single dish all day long" pass. Or, in the alternative, a "watch as much freaking HGTV as you want" pass. Ahem.
- And as far as all the graduates go, we had visits all day from families here for a big weekend of celebrating. And a few graduates who stopped by to chat and admittedly told us that they feel completely unsure about what comes next in their lives.
- So I remind them that I spent a small fortune and three years of my life in law school and then one day 12 years later, I chucked it all out the window for #WorldPieDomination. Which just goes to show you that I didn't know what I wanted when I was 22 either. Though, I did see today that I was nominated for Inside Columbia's Best Entrepreneur in the annual Best of Columbia 2017 contest. So it only took me 20 years to figure out what I'm marginally good at...
- All that said, if you still having shopping for moms or graduates to do, we do have a fun Saturday planned at PJP. Emily from Sugarberry Blooms will have hand tied flower bouquets available for purchase (and if you are a regular reader here then you know that Emily's floral work is absolutely next level amazing). And one of our favorite customers, Julie Chatman, is a local artist and super talented. She'll be at PJP tomorrow afternoon after 3 pm and all day on Saturday with her handcrafted jewelry pendants and hand dyed silk shibori scarves available for purchase. Will you just look at these?
Happy Mother's Day! Happy Graduation! Happy...ALL OF THE THINGS!