So, we've only been back at it for TWO days in 2017...but as always, there is always something interesting happening at PJP. Here's a snapshot...
- Jeanne and I were working away today when a young couple walked in and it took my brain at least three seconds to realize it was our beloved Gunnar and his wife, Lauren. They were back in town to see Lauren's family and surprised us with a stop by PJP. We absolutely adore them both and miss Gunnar at work so much. The only thing that would have made the surprise better would have been if he announced they were moving back from Virginia so he could return to PJP. Don't tell Gunnar, but Mac and I are hatching a plan for Operation: Relocate Gunnar. I don't have specifics yet, but the I feel good about the name of the plan.
- If you've been on social media at all over the last 36 hours, you've likely seen a picture of Andrew holding the very first baby to come out of the oven at PJP in 2017. I just checked in on Facebook and over 13,000 people have clicked on the picture...which basically means Andrew is Internet famous. I'm completely sure this is what he had in mind when he agreed to work with us.
- Our January Epic Pie Tasting Event sold out in less than 24 hours, so thank you to the 22 new friends eating a massive amount of pie with us in a few weeks! Without question, we will hold another tasting event in February.
- We are also working on creating a fun event with our friends at Craft Beer Cellar to pair up our boozy pies with well, actual booze (think bourbon, rum, and more). The tentative date for that event is February 3rd.
- And finally, Jeanne is continuing her project of figuring out how to get a new cooler into the front of our store (despite it being too larger to fit through the actual front door). And like any good story, she started with "well, we could rent a forklift..." I think I physically just heard our insurance premium increase. If you have any special forklift skills, you might give us a call. Or if you are simply an insurance professional, well...