At A Glance
Early each January, Square sends me a report that breaks down our entire year in one quick email. Either everyone that uses Square is like me and prefers that no complex spreadsheet be attached to the email to get to the real data...or there actually is one attached and I'm just not savvy enough to open it and decipher it. Either way.
- We grew 27% in 2016 over 2015 sales. That's 27% closer to World Pie Domination, just in case you are keeping track.
- Square tracked PJP at just under 10,000 sales transactions in the past year (9,746 to be exact).
- I have no idea how many transactions is average for a small business, but being close to the 10,000 threshold makes me feel legit. And thankful for every single one of those 9,746.
- Our busiest day of the week was Friday, which isn't surprising.
- Our slowest day of the week was Wednesday. What? Just yesterday, I said it was Tuesday. I would have laid money on Tuesday. This is why I never do well in Vegas.
- Our busiest month was November, with our busiest day of the entire year as Wednesday, November 23rd. We stayed up all night long to bake for that day, so suddenly my sleep deprivation feels much more justified.
- Our least busy month was January.
- January, why do you have to do this to us? Seriously, January?
- Our most popular pie was Dutch Apple, showing no change from 2015. It barely beat out Chocolate Bourbon Pecan by less than 100 purchases.
- Our top customer visited us 19 times last year (or at least used the same credit card 19 times...cash transactions aren't included in the customer count). Interestingly enough, this person did not purchase Dutch Apple even once.
Cheers to 2017...here's to a few percentage points closer to #WPD...