Now That I Think About It...
So I had many words to share here yesterday, but when I sat down to write them...we didn't have any Internet. ABSOLUTELY NO INTERNET SIGNAL. Which, I suppose, is to be expected when one leaves town proper to go live on seven acres and has to rely on satellite Internet...but you all, WE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO REACT TO THE LOSS.
Thankfully, we do have unlimited cellular data. While I couldn't figure out how to blog from my phone, I could figure out how to go directly to Netflix and start a binge of Last Chance U (which is SUPER good, unless you hate football and you are easily offended by language). And to make a really long story marginally short, I'm writing this blog much earlier than usual because I'm afraid HughesNet will fail me again tonight. And if it does, I'll just watch more episodes of Last Chance U. (As a side note, it is 2017...so how can we not all have super fast Internet at our house a mere 15 miles south of Columbia? I'm going to run for office on the platform of "Internet for Everyone, Yo".)
And in the mess of all that, I forget everything I was going to discuss. Thankfully, I always have more words.
- We are considering selling Moon Pies on the days of the year with Full Moons. According to the Internet, (the Internet that works at PJP Buttonwood anyway), that will be September 6th, October 5th, November 4th, and December 3rd for the remainder of 2017. How do we feel about that? Full Moon Moon Pie Day? I think it has potential until we forget to look up the 2018 calendar for full moons, at least.
- I read earlier today that Total Eclipse of the Heart surpassed Despacito as the most listened to song on Spotify this week. Finally, when the whole world seems to be going crazy, something finally makes sense.
- I've been doing some research on a litany of things I presumed I'd never care about. Like FICA taxes. Some things are left better unknown. Maybe that should be my campaign slogan, now that I think about it....
- Don't forget we will be at the SEC Beer Fest this weekend.
- I seriously can't even think of a 5th thing right now. Since we know we can't blame it on a full moon (see above), then blame it on FICA.