I Don't Understand It Either.
There is always something interesting happening at PJP - and that is one of my very favorite things about PJP V. 2.0. Never do we have a "meh" day, probably because Jeanne and I both thrive on the dramatic, compelling, and interesting. I just said to her yesterday morning while having our coffee that we needed something major to happen that shakes us all around and gives us something to stew about in the interim before Roots and Blues. And boom - this morning a company ordered 2,550 jelly jar pies for pickup in late August. Yeah...that works for getting us all worked up, thankyouverymuch. A few other things of interest:
- Two different people mentioned this week that they heard we sold PJP. Hahahahahahahaha. To whomever is propagating this rumor, you'll have to pry the PJP logo from my cold dead hands before that happens. Or maybe offer me a billion dollars...but probably not even for that. Just so we clear that up.
- We spent a lot of time today working on some new pie flavors for the fall. One new recipe is inspired by a bottle of pear brandy that we purchased not long ago. We will be testing it out tomorrow at an off-site pie tasting party and I'm 98% certain that it is going to be a hit. Or everyone is going to be drunk because PEAR BRANDY.
- That said, we were working on a recipe that required a massive can of drained sweet potatoes. After draining the liquid (juice?) out of the can and into a glass measuring cup, Mitch offered Mac a dollar if he would drink it all.
- So Mac did.
- Nope, I don't understand it either.
- I wonder what he would be willing to drink for $5. Or imagine $20?
- This all went down while Jeanne wasn't at the shop for a while this afternoon. Apparently, while the cat is away, the mice will...drink sweet potato juice?
- She came back mid-afternoon and I left to take of Back-to-School night stuff with the kids. After I got home, I realized I had forgotten my computer charger and I called her at the shop to ask if she could take it home with her and I would pick it up tonight. I called her cell phone and there was no answer. I called the shop and no answer. For the next 30 minutes, I called both with no answer. And then I started to worry something terrible had happened to her while she was alone at the store, so I demanded we all drive there to check on her before going to schedule pickup. Turns out she was just fine...our store phone had been unplugged all day and thus, not a single person had been able to call us. Jeez. Super embarrassing.
- That said, Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason made us an online pie order form so that you can order without ever talking to us. I wanted it for people who hate talking on the phone, but apparently having it so people can still order pie when we are too dumb to plug in the phone is the side benefit.
- We've had a lot of new visitors this week from out-of-town. Apparently, we are number 8 of 46 things to do in Columbia on Tripadvisor. We really couldn't be more honored. Let's just hope that no one posts on there that they tried calling us all day and got no answer. Gah.