Off The Grid...
So. Does this blog still work?
I've been off the grid for the last few days. You know how the hipster thing to do now is to take a "babymoon" before welcoming a baby, enjoying one last romantic and child-free idyllic escape?? It was sort of like that, except that I didn't have to bake and Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason and I spent a small fortune herding our children to all the Chicago sights for them to be most pleased by the free snacks and drinks offered to them as part of Sheraton's Club Service. Sounds about right.
That said, it was a nice respite before we roll into the planned PJP Buttonwood Grand Opening on April 10th. Jeanne held down the fort (read: she baked a lot of pie by herself) while I tried to disconnect - though I quickly found that is not really easy to do in an era of iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks. Jeanne is off this week for her new business "babymoon", so that means I'm driving the PJP bus. I basically spent the 6 and 23 minute drive home brainstorming a to-do list with Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason and besides baking for Lucky's, I'm going to accomplish these tasks (or throw an epic fit trying):
1) Internet Access - the quotes for service have been all over the place cost-wise. We need Internet like we need mixing bowls. I get stabby without 20 Mb.
2) Cash Register - we ordered the Square Reader system (then is it technically a cash register?) In all honestly, this was all Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason's gig and three boxes are sitting our dining room and it will take all of his inner strength to go to work tomorrow instead of playing with whatever is in those boxes. My hopes and dreams for 2014 are just to be able to figure out how to use it.
3) We really need to figure out the days and hours we will be open. You think?
4) And then we need a sign to announce that information on our door.
5) I need to paint the back 80. Sigh. Let us never speak of this topic again.
6) We are supposed to put up FRP board all around the sink areas. FRP is Latin for "super ugly health department required wall covering" (Just kidding - I have no idea what FRP stands for, but it is legitimately ugly).
7) Stock, stage, and make the retail section look awesome. So. Yeah. There's that.
8) Find a baby pie box that doesn't make me want to gouge out my eyeballs with all the "Insert Tab A into Slot B" instructions. We live in a global economy and there has to be a pre-folded 6 inch baby pie box somewhere. I'm going to find it if I have to Google to the very ends of our earth.
9) Do we need a PJP iPad? Or do I just want a good reason to buy a new iPad? Discuss.
10) Finish up the liquor license application. Because accomplishing items 1-9 will make me need legal access to booze on Buttonwood.
On a semi-related note, Party Planner Goddess Adonica Coleman has a created an invite to our grand opening party on April 12th. Our philosophy is that wine and pie are meant to be shared, so considered yourself invited: https://www.facebook.com/events/1473504576200810/?notif_t=plan_user_joined. Please RSVP if you plan to come so we are sure to have enough of everything for everyone!