Well, it feels approximately 102 degrees in here. How are you? I'm actually writing this in the lull between an exceptionally busy baking day and setting up for our monthly pie tasting party that starts at 6 tonight. And that we have a lull right now is worth noting indeed...it wasn't terribly long ago that we would be pulling pies out of the oven for pie tasting AS PEOPLE WERE WALKING IN THE DOOR AND FINDING THEIR SEAT. In fact, I'm pretty certain that at our very first pie tasting party, we actually needed help from our guests to cut the pies that they would eventually serve themselves. That sounds about right, actually.
Yet here we are on a day that almost seemed unsurmountable when my alarm went off at five this morning...but somehow with an extra hour that I'm using simply to steal away and write the blog because experience has shown that after working 5 am to 9 pm, I'm almost out of words. PROGRESS, PEOPLE.
Here are a few other things of note:
- Did you know that if you make homemade caramel sauce and pour it into a mason jar while it is hot and then tighten the lid...that the caramel will eventually explode out of the top and rain down in sheets of sticky sauce? BECAUSE IT WILL.
- Did you know that you can mentally will - no, actually demand with all of your brain power - that your five inch baby pie tins to show up a day early on the UPS truck? BUT THEY STILL WON'T SHOW UP.
- Did you know that on my tombstone I'm just going to have my epitaph say "She was totally out of pie box stickers"? BECAUSE IT WOULD BE LEGIT.
- Did you know that the sound of a scraper on old dough on the concrete floors is 1,000 times worse than nails on a chalkboard? BECAUSE IT IS.
- Did you know that if someone boils up some raisins to make Sour Cream Raisin pie and then they leave them in a bowl and you are super hungry and you walk past and think "ooh...chocolate chips!" that you will be super disappointed? BECAUSE YOU WILL BE.