Jars Across America.
In case anyone reading this has a few hundred thousand dollars to spare, I have an idea: INVEST IN OUR JELLY JAR PRODUCTION FACILITY. In the past week, we've made hundreds of Jelly Jar pies and looking at the baking schedule for the week ahead makes me want to go buy a case of wine and a jumbo bottle of Aleve. Jeanne and I worked for a good number of hours today on six-packs of pies going all over the country (literally...one shipment was to Largo, Florida and the other was to Portland, Oregon and the others covered the map in-between like a Connect the Dots activity page). (I don't have any current plans for a Jelly Jar Production facility...at least not plans on paper. But I do in my mind and in my mind, our facility is AH-MAZ-ING. Also, in my mind, at our fictional production facility, someone else that isn't me types all the shipping labels and writes the note cards.)
In other news, here are a few things of interest:
- Next week, we will be open Monday - Wednesday, 10:30 am - 5:30 pm. We will be open on Christmas Eve from 9 am - 1 pm.
- Orders for next week are stacking up. I'm starting to miss Spare Space. That's my subtle way of saying that if you want something in particular for next week, please call ahead or order online by Friday, the 18th.
- We've decided to close the last week of the year, just as we did last year. Jeanne feels zen about the decision, while I feel a little stressed about it. But she is right...a week with our families and a week to revive our creativity before meeting up with 2016 is exactly what we need.
- In January, remind me that we were crazy busy in December and deserved the week long break.
- Because I hate January. And January hates all retail business. Except for probably Starbucks. Because I get the feeling that even January likes a Skinny Caramel Macchiato.