I wish I had interesting news to share with you this evening, but WEDNESDAY. In order of completely not important to ridiculously not important, here are some events to share with you.
- Baby pie boxes are backordered for 7-10 days. I harbor ill will toward the entire baby pie box industry.
- After working diligently on calculating food costs all day, I worked on calculating non-food items. Did you know a single latex glove costs .03 cents? I know, right? I would have bet on .03 cents for the pair, maybe.
- All that said, a foot of plastic wrap actually only costs .007 cents when you buy it on a roll of 2,000 feet. Is that even a number? I started to write down that one foot actually costs nothing, but then if we pay $14 for the 2,000 square feet, then what happens to that $14? I'm the best overthinker ever.
- Our order board is so weighed down with orders for July 1, 2, and 3rd that we had to bring out some extra magnet reinforcements to contain them all. This is my nice way of saying that if you plan to eat PJP over the holiday weekend, ordering soon is a good idea.
- We have decided that we will be closed on Saturday, July 4th. This is my nice way of saying that we will be drinking cocktails and laying on our boat by noon at the very latest that day.
- Speaking of July 4th, apparently the new Starbucks plans to open sometime late next week. And we are making a bold statement...we are staying Team Caribou. We are addicted to their coffee and their sweet employees, just so you know. That said, I am taking bets on how long it takes for there to be a car accident between an overeager Starbucks frappachino purchaser and an overeager Sonic cheesy tot purchaser. I give it less than a week.
- Jeanne worked on two new pies today...a cold strawberry pie and a strawberry lemonade pie. Both looked beautiful. Jeanne, Sydney, and I tried the strawberry lemonade and it was really good...but really tart. I think we will sample them both out tomorrow if you want to try for yourself.
- Despite trying new recipes, we had our shipping orders all boxed and ready to go well before 5 pm. I actually confused the UPS guy when I carried them into the store prior to 23 minutes before they lock their doors.
- Our overly priced and marginally functional dishwasher suffered some sort of mechanical breakdown today. We fixed it by employing the longstanding method of "righty tighty, lefty loosey", as most mechanically inclined people do. Ahem.
- I posted a picture last Saturday of our favorite oven mitt, may it rest in peace. We actually wore holes in each mitt from overuse after almost 15 months of baking. I wanted to keep one and pay some crafty person to put it in one of those glass shadowbox things that I know nothing about so that we could cover it in soft lighting and guard it with velvet ropes after achieving #WorldPieDomination. And then Jeanne almost burned her hand after the hole ripped even more and she threw them in the trash in a fit of irritation. Now what am I going to feature in the lobby of PJP World Headquarters?