No Particular Order.
Because I've almost driven myself crazy over the last few days with all the things I feel like I don't know, I'm making myself focus on what I do know. In no particular order...
- Our new holiday pie order form is a technological breakthrough for PJP. Take all the crazy from Thanksgiving and forget about it. Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason has built a system that allows you to pick your pies AND your pick-up time, thereby avoiding long waits and pies still in the oven. Just knowing that form is sitting out there in the interwebs at pjppies.com makes me relax a little bit when I think about Christmas pies.
- We hired a new PJP employee because our goal is to increase in-store supply of Jelly Jar pies and tarts, especially as Christmas approaches. We've created a 2.5 inch tart that is absolutely adorable, purchased little bags and ribbons, and imagined a swoon-worthy $2 gift. And this week, you'll find them at PJP Buttonwood.
- I'm going to do a "12 Days of Christmas" giveaway starting tomorrow, as soon as I can find out how to put all the entries into an online random selection generator. And by that, I mean as soon as Behind-The-Scenes-Tech-Guru Jason can get it all sorted out.
- We are providing the best hot chocolate (and free!) at the Tiger Bounce grand opening/Magic Tree lighting ceremony on Friday night. How do I know it is the best? Because we use whole milk instead of water to make it. Also, because I'll probably be putting Bailey's in mine.
- On Saturday, Team PJP is coming to my house for dinner, drinks, and merriment. When I think that last year we didn't know any of these people and now they are our family, well...mind blown.
- We will have some abbreviated hours here and there over the New Year's holiday week and we will let you know the plan as soon as we figure it out. I feel that if we don't, our sanity may be seriously compromised for the start of 2015. I think if I could just sleep for 20 hours, I would feel like my pre-Thanksgiving self. Perhaps.
- I have a reminder on my phone set so I don't forget to vote for us in the Inside Columbia Best of Columbia 2014 contest. Clearly, my shame spiral knows no limits.
- The construction on the new Starbucks has begun and I'm still unclear on how that small space will hold a Starbucks and a drive-thru. I'm not a traffic management specialist, but I predict a Sonic/Starbucks/Hot Yoga/Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot implosion.
- I have new tea towels, candles, and coffee mugs arriving at PJP tomorrow. If your Christmas shopping list includes someone inclined toward being snarky, you are in luck because I know a thing or two about merchandise for snarky individuals.
- Our baby pie box manufacturer has no date in mind for actually making the boxes and shipping them, so we are substituting our normal box with a box that doesn't have a window and that has to be completely assembled by a PJP employee. This means that I'll need double the Bailey's and double the snarky by Friday night.